Notes and regulations Summer Season 2022
This document regulates the contractual conditions of the skipass purchase and its use of daily, multi-day (consecutive and non),Return trips, seasonal and annual passes along with the conditions of use of the lift systems and ski slopes.
The mountain environment in which you find yourself and the ever-changing natural and/or artificial conditions that characterise it, along with the nature of the practice of the sport of skiing, pose a risk. The purchase of a ticket and the use of the lift systems means you are aware of, and accept, all the conditions present in the regulations, and agree to apply common sense. It will not be possible for skiers to make claims against the Company for injury resulting from accidents caused by any of the conditions that are an integral part of the practice of skiing, of which, but not exclusively; conditions of the terrain, that may be characterised by discontinuities and irregularities of the snow cover caused by a variation in weather conditions, grooming, daily usage, falls of other skiers and partial grooming after a snowfall, along with the presence of small rocks and artificial snow mounds, according to the law (art. 6 Regolamento Regionale n. 2/1996. Use of the ski runs by skiers is regulated by law (art. 6 Regolamento Regionale n. 2/1996).
Per quanto riguarda l’utilizzo delle piste da sci da parte degli sciatori si fa riferimento alla Legge Regionale nr 9 del 17 marzo 1992 e nr 27 del 15 novembre 2004.
TICKET OFFICE RULES
The purchase of a ticket means that the client is aware of and accepts the “ticket-office rules”. The “ticket-office rules” are based upon the price-lists on display and is to be considered part of it.
- The “ticket-office rules” are based upon the price-lists on display and are to be considered part of it.
- Tickets are valid during normal opening hours of the lifts and are subject to the “Travellers Conditions” established by each ski area, they can be purchased from the ticket-offices of the company CERVINO S.p.A. and other official external sales points and have following validity:
- Cervino ski area: valid for use on the lift systems of Breuil-Cervinia.
Return trip tickets and one way normal tariffs are valid for all the summer season
- Valtournenche ski area: valid for use on the lift systems of Valtournenche.
- Chamois ski area: valid for use on the lift systems of Chamois.
- Torgnon ski area: valid for use on the lift systems of Torgnon.
- The ticket Cervino–Valtournenche–Zermatt International ski area: valid for use on the lifts of Cervino S.p.A., Zermatt Bergbahnen AG. International tickets purchased in Italy must be used daily, for first passage each day in the ski area, on Italian lifts.
- International tickets, as refers to the Swiss side, value indicated on the ski-pass in the following manner: “di cui CH -, -- Euro#”, sold on behalf of the Swiss company by Cervino S.p.A. and its sales points, are sold in the name of and under the conditions of the company Zermatt Bergbahen AG – Postfach 378 – Zermatt – MWST. N° 280498 - whom are directly responsible to clients in regard to the management of the lifts and slopes situated in Swiss territory.
- All tickets are strictly personal and are non-transferable. Abusive behaviour of any kind will lead to their immediate withdrawal, followed by the application of legal sanctions. We remind clients using the lifts of the company Cervino S.p.A. that, as established in the Regional Laws of the Valle d’Aosta, n.20 of the 18.04.2008, and 753 of the 11.07.1980 of the D.P.R.:
Those whom use the tickets of another person may be punished by sanctions provided in article 494 of the Penal Code (impersonation) and article 640 of the Penal Code (fraud); the person consenting to the misuse may also be punishable. In these cases, along with the consequences of sanctions, the ticket will be withdrawn and made void. . Clients must carry with them the document that justifies a discounted ticket, this document along with the ticket must be presented to staff, upon request, at lift control points to verify the entitled transport category. All tickets will have, along with technical ticket-office data, the following printed on them:
- Free tickets: Name and Surname.
- Multi-day ski-passes of 5 and 6 days Name and Surname.
- Seasonal ski-passes: Name, surname
This data must be provided by the client at the time of purchase of the ticket and where necessary, must be presented along with an identity document to obtain age related discounts.
- It will not be possible for any reason, the recuperation of unused days. Clients must check their ski-pass, purchase receipt and change immediately as any claims thereafter will not be accepted.
- For loss of a ski-pass (multi-day consecutive and non-consecutive, seasonal) the following rules apply: a duplicate will be issued if the number of the original ski-pass purchased is traceable by receipt the cost of the electronic card ( € 2.00) need to be re-paid along with 10% of the lost ticket’s value up to the sum of € 50,00, required for administrative expenses. This amount will not be refundable even if the original ski-pass is found.
- Multi-day non-consecutive (days at choice) ski-passes valid on the lifts of Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche and for the international ski area, valid on the lifts of Breuil-Cervinia Valtournenche Zermatt do not provide a free ski-pass for the categories Baby, Over 80 or for Access to a lift will deduct a valid day from this ski-pass.
- Tariffs for Baby, Baby NA, Junior, Senior, Teen and Over 80, and MTB from 1 day ski-passes and trunk-line tickets,
- BABY: children born after the 31/10/2014 will receive where applicable, a free and strictly personal ticket that is non-transferable and will not be replaced if lost. The ticket will be issued for the same duration and period as that of the ticket purchased at the same time by an accompanying adult, the child must be present at the moment of purchase and have an identity document proving age.
- BABY NA: children born after the 31/10/2014 not accompanied by an adult will be granted a 50% discount on the normal tariff, upon presentation of a document with proof of age and the person entitled to the reduction upon purchase.
- JUNIOR: children born after the 31/10/2006 will be granted the reduced tariff upon presentation of a document with proof of age and the person entitled to the reduction present upon purchase.
- TEEN: children born after the 31/10/2004 will be granted the reduced tariff upon presentation of a document with proof of age and the person entitled to reduction present upon purchase.
- SENIOR: adults born before 01/05/1958 will be granted the reduced tariff upon presentation of a document with proof of age and the person entitled to the reduction present upon purchase.
- OVER 80: adults born before 01/11/1942 will receive a free and strictly personal ticket that is non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost. The adult must be present upon purchase and have an identity document proving age.
- Mountain bike ticket: children born after 01/06/2008: reduced tariff for Mountain bike tickets upon presentation of an identity document and the presence of the child
- It is necessary to be in possession of a skiers skipass to access to the Snowpark on the glacier. Offenders will be fined €50,00.
- Statutory declaration certification of birth date cannot be accepted for discounts of which it will always be necessary to present an identity document (art.2 D.P.R. n. 445/2000).
- Insurance cover: the daily, multi-day and seasonal ski-passes of the pools indicated in article n.3 can be purchased with insurance when requested at the moment of issue, it will not be possible to purchase insurance after the ski-pass has been issued. Purchase of insurance means the client is aware of and accepts the insurance policy conditions, available to clients at the ticket office of Cervino S.p.A. The first aid ski patrol service for skiers in Cervinia and in the ski area in Aosta Valley will be subject to a charge of € 200.00 to cover part of the expenses. Check that your insurance policy also covers the cost, or you may purchase the insurance at the ticket offices in resorts at a cost of € 3.00 per day the insurance company will extinguish the payment directly. In case of injury on the swiss slopes the rescue is on payment
- The Skipass will be issued on a Key Card (electronic card) at a cost of € 2.00.
- Seasonal passes are strictly personal and must not be used by third parties under any circumstances. Upon request of staff and authorities, clients will be required to present their skipass and permit identification. These types of skipasses cannot be used on the training slopes in Swiss territory for which it will be necessary to be in possession of a special daily pass (piste) that is non-transferrable
- Disabled people with a certificate attesting a 70% handicap will be granted a 50% reduction for Italian or international tickets along with a person accompanying them.
- The opening and closing periods of the ski season are decided at the unquestionable discretion of the company Cervino S.p.A. based on a number of factors, of which but not exclusively; weather conditions, snow cover, state of the ski runs and safety. Publication of the opening and closing dates for each ski season are indicative and does not constitute a binding commitment for opening or remaining open.
The ski season operations may be suspended at any time, temporarily or definitively, at the unquestionable discretion of the company Cervino S.p.A based on the weather conditions, the snow cover, state of the ski runs or for safety reasons or for reasonable grounds.
Ski season operations may also be suspended at any time, temporarily or definitively, for unpredictable circumstances, for example, electrical blackout, strikes, including company employee strikes, fires, earthquakes, war, terroristic attacks, epidemics, closure by authorities, and for general circumstances beyond the control of the company Cervino S.p.A.
In the case of temporary or definitive suspension of the ski season operations due to one of the reason indicated in the present point, the client is not entitled to a refund or compensation, except where provided by the law.
In particular, where seasonal and annual passes are concerned, the client takes into account that the purchase of this type of pass implies that the client accepts the risk that the ski season length may be inferior to expectations and the risk is compensated by the advantages applied to the use of the lifts at flat rate. Upon request of the client, in the case of total closure of the lift systems due to bad weather conditions, a non-transferrable voucher (without insurance cover) valid for the days of closure, will be issued. The voucher can be used within the year (summer 2022 – winter 2022-23 – valid only on Italian side – and summer 2023).
- The opening hours of the lift systems is established by the company Cervino S.p.A. and made public via signs in the ticket office and at the lift systems stations. The timetables may be subject to change at any time.
- The company Cervino S.p.A. reserves the right to decide, at its unquestionable discretion, the opening and closing times and periods of the lifts and slopes. The ski-pass prices are established and the opening and closing of the lifts and slopes do not have influence on the ticket price. The number and type of lift and the number of ski runs open every day will be established by the company Cervino S.p.A. and published on information boards at the ticket office, lift systems stations and via the website of the company.
The number and type of lifts and the number of ski runs open every day are subject to change at any time, without warning, for technical reasons, service obligations, safety reasons, weather conditions or for circumstances beyond control (for example electrical blackout, strike including company employee strikes, order of authorities) and for general circumstances beyond the control of the company Cervino S.p.A.
The company Cervino S.p.A. reserves the right in the case of sporting events to close to the public or reserve for athletes and technical staff use only, certain lifts, ski runs, areas and buildings necessary to carry out the events, for a reasonable time necessary. The company also reserves the right to reserve ski runs for training purposes (ski clubs).
In these cases illustrated in the present point, as for queues at lift stations for any reason, no refund or compensation, not even partial, will be granted.
- Prices may be subject to variation dependant on fiscal changes or exchange rates. The price of International ski-passes may be subject to variation depending on the Euro/Swiss Francs exchange rates.
- The company reserves the right to amend tariffs and conditions at any time during the season.
- Please Note – D. Lgs. 196/03: The Privacy Legislation is available from the ticket office and on the site cervinia.it where you will find up to date information and list of responsibilities.
- In the case a client forgets their seasonal pass, a daily ski pass will be issued at a charge of € 10.00.
- In the case of extended itineraries, it is the client’s responsibility to check timetables to catch lifts in time to return. The company will not be held responsible if the client cannot return due to their own tardiness. Pay attention in particular to the last return trip from Zermatt for Breuil-Cervinia and from Breuil-Cervinia to Zermatt; these times are posted at both the Italian and Swiss lift stations. In the case that the client is late, they accept the possibility that their return may be via other means of transport, or they may have to stay in the local area. The lift systems company will not refund ski-passes or expenses incurred.
- To reach Plateau Rosà and Swiss territory, clients must be in possession of an identity document valid for foreign travel. The ski patrol and rescue services are charged services.
- The company Cervino S.p.A. denies any responsibility for damage caused due to improper use of the lift systems or due to improper behaviour of the client whilst using the facilities such as lifts and ski runs and related areas (as an example but not exclusively; speed and behaviour not adapt to one’s capacity, conditions of the terrain, snow cover, weather and number of people on the ski runs, non-compliance to the signposts where present, use of closed or off-pist runs).
- If Covid-19 cases are on the rise in the Covid-19 pandemic emergency, and restrictions are placed on the use of the lift systems, clients will be informed (via cervinia.it, or at the ticket office) and it will be necessary to comply with the protocols for use of the lift systems; Cervino SpA will enforce laws provided.